Rob,

Anycast is complicated, and the complications are not specific to
IPv6.  It really would be doing the world a favor if the IPv6 WG were
to get rid of the language in the IPv6 address architecture doc that
places IPv6-specific restrictions on anycast, then let the GROW WG
handle the general anycast problem.

OK, I think this makes sense.

The proposal is then to remove the following text from the end of Section 2.6 the document:

   There is little experience with widespread, arbitrary use of Internet
   anycast addresses, and some known complications and hazards when
   using them in their full generality [ANYCST].  Until more experience
   has been gained and solutions are specified, the following
   restrictions are imposed on IPv6 anycast addresses:

      o An anycast address must not be used as the source address of an
        IPv6 packet.

      o An anycast address must not be assigned to an IPv6 host, that
        is, it may be assigned to an IPv6 router only.

This would mean we would not try to describe the general issues with anycast usage in the document. I agree this makes sense because the issues are not specific to IPv6, there is now a body of experience with anycast usage, and the GROW working group is working in this area.

Is everyone else OK with this proposed change?

Bob