It should be done for normal commercial links and consumer networks
(houses) wired (fixed) and wireless (fixed).  The execution cost is not
that great in those networks for what one gets to verify EUI's are
unique.  But, for Mission Critical Secure Defense wireless Networks DAD
can be avoided if in fact the EUI's are guaranteed to be unique on such
devices, especially for MANETs. Some time soon I will post draft to
MANET or Autoconfig MANET work that depicts the use of pre-DAD, boot
operation of radio, and then post-DAD after boot operation of radio, and
that the post-DAD operation is not needed in some cases.  This would be
an implementation choice, and IPv6 addrconf standard is clear that DAD
is required. Thus, the risk of implementation of such a net would have
to assume interoperability and uniqueness of the EUI responsibility.
There is also Optimistic DAD that can be used for commercial mobile
devices on wireless networks, one should review and check.  But, today I
am aware of no implementations that do not implement DAD or have
implemented Optimistic DAD (but there are folks on this list that can
correct me if Optimistic DAD has been implemented???).

/jim