>All of this, coupled with the fact that, AFAIK, no OS implements
DHCPv6, means that there is essentially zero experience with DHCPv6 in
the operational community. This means that at this time, there is little
point in asking the operational community what should happen with the M
and O bits.

Or perhaps this could be the ideal time to ask the operational community
what should happen with the M and O bits -- before software developers
go too far down a particular direction without operator guidance?

Some of us operators do more than just configure and test vendor
products.

-- Rich