Jinmei, thanks for catching this.

For those not familiar with the issue. There were two issues regarding
the RA improvement:
1. Relaxing the requirements on inter-RA intervals. This issue was raised by
MIPv6.
2. Eliminating random delays before sending RAs.Also a request generated
by MIPv6.

Issue 1) was rejected under the assumption that DNA would come up with
a complete solution. I accidently sent that resolution through the tracker for
issue 2), hence the apology below. However, I believe issue 2) (which was
addressed in the fast RA draft) was also passed to DNA as discussed in Seoul.
However, no resolution was formally sent for this issue by me.
I went back to the Seoul minutes to confirm but couldn't find a specific mention
of this issue, while others were specifically mentioned.

So, to avoid the confusion, I'd like to ask the WG whether they agree that this
issue, addressed in draft-mkhalil-ipv6-fastra-04 (or later versions) should not
be included in the current work of 2461bis.

Please send your comments on this issue. I'll wait till the end of the week to
give people a chance to respond.

thx,
Hesham

 > I happen to have noticed that issue 257 for rfc2461 (Eliminate random
 > delay in RA transmission) may not be actually resolved, at least at
 > the issue tracker:
 >   https://rt.psg.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=257
 >   (anyone can get read-only access with user/pass=ietf/ietf)
 >
 > According to the tracker, the status was once changed from new to
 > resolved, but then the following comment was added:
 >
 >   Very sorry for the confusion. This text belongs
 >   to a different issue. Eliminating the random
 >   delay is NOT rejected.
 >
 > and this is actually the last message recorded at the tracker.  This
 > seems far from the "resolved" status...what is the real
 > current status
 > of this issue?
 >
 >                                      JINMEI, Tatuya
 >                                      Communication Platform Lab.
 >                                      Corporate R&D Center,
 > Toshiba Corp.
 >                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.