Jim et al,

At the risk of covering old ground, one question I had is whether a client must
wait to receive an RA before initiating stateless or stateful DHCPv6? Asked
another way, can DHCPv6 still be used if there are no advertising routers on
the link?

To an even more speculative question, if we had it all to do over again would
it be possible (or desireable) to design things such that DHCPv6 and IPv6 ND
messages could be "piggybacked" within a single packet? (This begs the question
of whether the DHCPv6 server/relay and IPv6 router entities are co-resident on
the same node in the normal case.)

Fred
[EMAIL PROTECTED]