In your previous mail you wrote:

   > > => this point is supposed to be solved by RFC 3484 and related APIs but:
   > >  - the private/public address switch (rule 7)  is not in the policy table
   > >  - related APIs assume that every applications were changed in order to
   > >    use them (so they are nearly useless).

   There is a proposed socket API for this which I think is more useful.

=> this API assumes that every applications are changed in order to use it.
IMHO something in the context of applications should be more useful
(in the context == in environment variables, for instance).

   My main concern with applications and privacy addresses are applications
   that get all addresses on an interface and then pass one or more of those
   at the application layer to someone else (e.g. referrals). How does it
   know which to pass. When an application gets a list of all addresses on
   an interface, how does it determine which are privacy addresses and which
   are not.

=> I believe that low end mechanisms can give this information (i.e.,
it can be in given flags when addresses are dumped).

   I also believe it would be useful to have a way the kernel can tell an
   app that the addresses on an interface has changed. This would be useful
   for privacy addresses and also for renumbering. E.g. something like the
   netlink socket stuff which some systems use to tell applications of
   routing changes.

=> PF_ROUTE has this. BTW I believe it is better to have a more abstract

Regards