Hi Bernie.

Bernie Volz (volz) wrote:
It's unclear at the moment how a DHCP server on one link is able
to describe how to use addresses available on another interface
or link.

Why would you then assume that an RA on one link could do any more? It
too would be restricted to providing policies JUST FOR THAT LINK.

I think that's likely all we'd want DHCPv6 to do -- only provide the
policies associated with that link?

Absolutely.

My take is that the issue is the same for DHC and RA.

We just need to see whether the usage cases require
DHC to specify individual per device (but only for that interface)
policies for the host, or whether a general policy for
the prefixes available on this link is what's required -
regardless of which host device (both DHC and RA could
handle this, but my guess is that RA would be neater).

Greg