On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 02:54:18AM +0900, JINMEI Tatuya / [EMAIL
PROTECTED]@C#:H wrote:

[...]

> It would be very confusing for the user to see they can simply reuse
> the output of the diagnostic tool in some cases and they need to
> convert the output in some other cases.

I am with you here. And it might happen that implementations actually
accept the cut'n'paste friendly format #3, even if that is not what
the spec calls for.

> Meanwhile, since the use of scope-zone notation must be limited within
> a single node, the auxiliary notation (with v1 and +) that conforms to
> the URI syntax doesn't actually help/affect interoperability.

I would be careful about this. Management applications, for example,
might write URIs containing zone ids to boxes to tell them what to do
or read them just to find out what is going on. I agree that the
interpretation is only meaningful within the context of the node; the
interpretation, however, may happen very well outside the node.

What is my position on this? I am undecided. As a user, I strongly
dislike the notation #1 (and I doubt many humans will ever use it) but
at the same time I do understand why the notation #3 makes people feel
pretty unhappy.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder               International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>     P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany