Thanks for your answer!
Shuki

-----Original Message-----
From: Templin, Fred L [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 12:00 PM
To: Suresh Krishnan; sasson, shuki
Cc: harris, arthur; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; viswanadha, kamakshi; ipv6@ietf.org;
nathanson, daphna
Subject: RE: MTU on a Link Local Address.

Don't forget though that tunnels are also links with link-local
addresses and there may be arbitrary physical link technologies
(with heterogeneous MTUs) on the paths between tunnel endpoints.

All links are required to support a minimum MTU of 1280 bytes for
IPv6, and this is no different for tunnels. But, larger MTUs can
be realized if the tunnel endpoints engage in a link adaptation
scheme with tunnel endpoint-based segmentation/reassembly and
dynamic segment size probing; see:

http://bgp.potaroo.net/ietf/idref/draft-templin-linkadapt/

Fred
[EMAIL PROTECTED]