Good afternoon all,

>From: "Durand, Alain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2007/02/05 Mon AM 11:14:10 CST
>To: Brian Haberman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ipv6@ietf.org
>Subject: RE: WG Request: Adopt draft-haberman-ipv6-ra-flags-option-00.txt

>I would like to ask what is the transition plan for "legacy" IPv6 hosts
>that do not implement this extension before I could consider this draft
>a viable approach.

This is a good question. FWIW, at the moment I would expect that the "legacy"
IPv6 hosts would ignore the extension and continue processing the RA.

Another question seems to be what would happen to hosts which implement/rely
upon flags that were un-defined as a result of the "clean-up" process mentioned
elsewhere in this e-mail.

>We have a number of bits that are currently defined that may be
>questionable,
>(the best example: O & M), so I would like to see some more
>justification
>why more bits are needed for the general RA case and maybe some clean-up
>of the current bits before we embark into defining a new space for
>potentially questionable new cases.

I agree that some more justification (and potentially some subsequent
"clean-up") of the already defined bits may be advisable prior to defining new
space.

>So, at this point, I do not support this draft.
>
>  - Alain.

Best Regards,

Tim Enos
Rom 8:28