I thought we already limited to 1 RH0 per packet, but I will have to go back
and take a closer look.

As I said on V6ops, before you kill this off too quickly, James Woodyatt's
proxy redirection is a perfect example of a valid use for Type 0 Routing
Headers. He wants the firewall to redirect traffic through a designated point
(what this header was designed to do), and the only hammer at his immediate
disposal was IPv6/IPv6 nat. What I don't know is if the firewall can insert one
that did not exist, because the source wouldn't know about his 'transparent'
proxy.

It is certainly reasonable to have a BCP that says 'these should be filtered at
policy boundaries unless there is a good reason to do otherwise', but they are
a tool to solve some very specific corner cases. I would say that firewalls
should drop these by default, but the rest of the system should recognize them
as normal.

Tony