> > Scott, what feature of existing ULAs makes them unsuitable for this
> > usage today? In the ridiculously unlikely event of a ULA prefix clash,
> > this would be detected up-front when trying to set up the reverse
> > delegation, and then you'd simply generate a different ULA prefix.

> As far as I know there's no mechanism to delegate reverse DNS for a locally
> generated ULA, since there's no "ownership".  IMO any move to start
> delegating .arpa authority for ULAs would be de facto ULA-C, so if we're
> going to do that we should do it right and do the other registration
> functions that should go along with the DNS delegation.

not to disparage either participant shown above personally, but, this
argument is beyond nuttiness.  mark andrews has a draft out about local
domain name service for RFC 1918, and his fundamental observation is
that there is no need for the resolution perimeter of a PTR to differ
from the routing perimeter of the IP address described by that PTR.  yet
here we have a large set of folks who unlike mark andrews are not experts
at DNS, telling us that yes we do need to be able to resolve a PTR from
places where the addresses won't be routable, and then using this ignorant
and false assertion to justify a global registry of unique but unreachable
address blocks, each having its own globally reachable nameservers for PTRs.

what's wrong with this picture?  is there a use case we can all study?