On Jun 21, 2007, at 17:22, Templin, Fred L wrote
From: Scott Leibrand [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

That assertion has been made, but I don't think we can treat it as anything more than a preference by non-technical business people.

[...] Some say: "probability of collision must be zero", and others say: "birthday paradox says risk of collision is practically nil". Wouldn't ULA-C satisfy both sides?

One of those two sides is presenting technical criteria for satisfying unstated and mysterious non-technical goals. Is it too much to ask for less mystery and more transparency in working group proceedings?

--
james woodyatt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
member of technical staff, communications engineering