Ole,

Let's talk specifics, not generics. Of course, we know about section 5.2
of 2461bis.

Snipped is following text from Introduction section of our I-D as to
what we think about section 5.2 of 2461bis:

   Sections 5.2 and 7.2.2 imply that the host performs
   address resolution before transmitting a packet if the destination of
   the packet is on the same link as the host.  Some current host
   implementations perform address resolution in all cases even when the
   destination is not clearly on-link.  However, RFC 2461 [ND] section
   6.3.4 implies that hosts must clearly determine that a destination is
   on-link before performing address resolution.

Section 5.2 says "if the destination is on-link, then next-hop address
is the same as the packet's destination address. Otherwise, the sender
selects a router from the default router list." Implementers are not
putting two-and-two together. As described in section 2.1 of our I-D, if
a host has not been sent any PIO in RA, and the host performed DHCPv6,
the host has no way to determine what's on-link for the host. Section
5.2 just says "if the destination in on-link...". Well, discussion first
has to be made as to how can a host determine what's on-link for it.
These are the clarifications we have made in our I-D.

Proof is also in the pudding. We also say in Abstract of our I-D, if ND
RFC's are almost 10 years old, why are popular hosts still making
mistakes with on-link determination or totally not heeding L bits of RA
? ND has to be clarified as we have done so in our I-D.

Hemant & Wes