On 2007-07-03 16:06, Paul Vixie wrote:
I'll be happy to give my hosts U?A addresses so they can communicate with
the rest of the city at WLAN/MAN speeds, as well as PA addresses to
communicate with the rest of the world at Internet speed.

note that in brian's best-possible-world scenario, you'd be able to do what
you want with PI.  however, we're not in that world, and we need the crutch
of leading high-end address bits to tell our NATv6 boxes when to act, and to
tell our DFZ-path routers when not to act.  thus, ULA-G or ULA-C.

The reference to NATv6 confuses me. There's nothing about ULA-* that leads to
NAT. Users will have PA (or PI for the lucky few) prefixes for global
connectivity.
ULA-* is for local use (in the sense that RFC 4864 uses "local").

    Brian