On 10-Jul-2007, at 17:48, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

2. Or release space FC00::/8 for another type of use (becuase
sitting on the shelf is wasteful)

This is a good example of ossified IPv4 thinking. IPv6 is different from IPv4. It is not just IPv4 with more address bits. It is not wasteful to
leave IPv6 address ranges sitting on the shelf any more than it is
wasteful to assign a /48 prefix to a homeowner.

In fact, I was thinking as I typed in my precarious train of logic the other evening that one of the nice features of IPv6 is that you can take an enormous chunk of addresses for use as an experiment like this, and not have to worry to hard about reclaiming them if the experiment turns out to go nowhere.

Joe