I have reviewed this draft. And asked help from James Carlson
to understand some of the number space issues in PPP (thanks!)

The draft is basically OK, but I have a few suggested editorial
changes. These relate mostly to readability, so I'm not considering
them blocking for starting the IETF Last Call.

I would like to ask Srihari to update the document with
these specific changes, however, and preferably in the
next couple of days so that other readers do not have to
struggle with the same questions that I had.

----

The document header should indicate "Obsoletes: 2472".

Add to the end of the last paragraph of Section 1: "Together with
RFC 5072 [2], this document obsoletes RFC 2472. However, no
protocol changes have been introduced over RFC 2472."

Change in Section 2.1 as follows:
OLD:
    No IPv6-Compression-Protocol field values are currently
    assigned. Specific assignments will be made in documents that
    define specific compression algorithms.
NEW:
    IPv6-Compression-Protocol field values have been assigned in
    [RFC2023] for IPv6 Header Compression (004f), [RFC2507, RFC3544]
    for IP Header Compression (0061), and [RFC3241] for Robust Header
    Compression (ROHC) (0003). Other assignments can be made in
    documents that define specific future compression algorithms.

Replace the IANA Considerations section with the following text:

      No specific action is needed for the assignment of a
      value for the Type field of IPv6 datagram compression
      option specified in this specification. The current
      assignment is up-to-date at [4].

      No action is needed either for the assignment of the
      IPV6-Compression-Protocol values, as such values have
      already been defined by other documents listed in
      Section 2.1. Values for this field are always the
      same as the PPP Data Link Layer Protocol field
      values for that same compression protocol. As a
      result, future allocation of these values is governed
      by RFC 3818 [8] that requires IETF Consensus.

Jari