From: Thomas Narten [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 5:12 PM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant)
Cc: Brian Haberman; Bob Hinden; ipv6@ietf.org
Subject: Re: 6MAN WG Last Call:draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-subnet-model-00.txt

> Sorry, I forgot one item that Wes just reminded me of. Earlier in the
> day I had emailed out our new text for bullet 2 that has this new
line:

> "The source of an ND message is no longer used for on-link
> determination, which is a change from [RFC4861]."

I object, because I do not believe 4861 really says this (if you look
across the document in totality) or was widely interpreted to say this.

Until the recent notes from David Miles, I don't think anyone noticed
the bug. Certainly, I have seen no evidence that implementations
actually interpreted 4861 or its predecessors and actually did the wrong
thing when receiving an NS.

So, we can call certainly this a clarification, but I'd hesitate to call
it a change.

Thomas