> From the RFC excerpt you gave, I would infer that on DAD failure of a global
> address, the router doesn't install the address, and forwards all traffic
> to/from that network based on the contents of its forwarding table. It does
> no special filtering of packets that are sourced from or destined to that
> network.
>
> Do you agree?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

This sounds to me like a recipe for a hard-to-debug problem.

I assume that when this DAD failure happens you'd have to stop sending
RAs and responding to RSs (or ...?).  So the only way the router
should be seeing packets destined to this interface would be either
some misconfiguration OR a cached RA/RS response where the max/valid
lifetimes had not yet expired AND a neighbor re-discovery had not yet
been performed.

I haven't computed how long this could in theory persist.  But again,
regardless of any technical correctness, it sounds like the making of
a weird debugging problem.