On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Christian Huitema wrote:
What did you have in mind?  Is there a reason to advance it?

I am getting enquiries along the lines of "OK, this was a proposed standard 5 years ago, it has not progressed, does it mean it is now obsolete?"

FWIW, I wouldn't mind advancing it if there is significant new evidence or experience to document at the same time. If not (perhaps you were referring to this), just updating on the standards track and keeping the document unchanged, doesn't seem to have that much point given we need to put energy to other work as well.

Site-locals and ULAs is one area where I suspect our understanding of the situation has improved, and will continue to improve. Timing the update properly to gather that understanding is probably a good idea.