On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
Well, I think Christian's point is valid. There are still text books that
list site-local as valid, and in my XP box I find:

      DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 130.216.xx.xxx
                                          130.216.xx.xxx
                                          fec0:0:0:ffff::1%2
                                          fec0:0:0:ffff::2%2
                                          fec0:0:0:ffff::3%2

I think that simply reclassifying 3879 as DS would be a Good Thing
and requires minimal effort.

FWIW, I see this more as evidence that site-local deprecation hasn't been as successful as we could hope. Putting 3879 to AS doesn't fix above.