-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Narten [mailto:nar...@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 1:28 PM
To: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉
Cc: Hemant Singh (shemant); Wes Beebee (wbeebee); erik.nordm...@sun.com;
ipv6@ietf.org
Subject: Re: comments on draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-subnet-model-03

>I must be missing something. One only runs ND on an address when sending a
>packet to an address, and the Conceptual Sending Algorithm indicates the
>address is on-link. Right?

Not quite.  For Jinmei's example, Conceptual Sending Algorithm will not
indicate that P::Y is on-link because the Prefix List of X does not include
P::Y.  Then, given the statement in our document that says an address
resolution can only be performed on addresses that are on-link, X cannot send
the address resolution NS out.  Remember the private email thread we went
through where I said the Conceptual Sending Algorithm doesn’t really apply to
ND control messages - this Algorithm is really for data packets.  Your emails
today have said repeatedly to just send the NS address resolution out.  I hope
you see the controversy now?

Hemant