Hi Roman

> Teredo? I'm presuming you meant ISATAP.

yes... I must have been asleep...sorry

> The problem is, the draft wants to define a canonical representation for
> both humans and computers to follow, but those two have conflicting
> requirements. On the one hand, computers want a simple algorithm that
> depends only on the address being input, preferably an algorithm that
> gives consistent output over a long period of time. On the other hand,
> humans prefer representation which is most informative, and are usually
> able to use external information to choose it. On the third hand, humans
> and computers must interoperate (in particular, humans need to act on
> addresses that computers stringify), so one has to establish some kind
> of compromise.

This is a pretty nice summary of the case.
I agree.

> A compromise may be to recommend the mixed form for currently known
> addresses that end with an IPv4 address AND can be reliably distinguished
>  from the rest (e.g. have a unique prefix). Then you can insert a paragraph
> explaining why can't this be done for "nondeterministic" and future
> addresses. That's inconsistent with existing implementations, though, and
> I have a feeling that they will be reluctant to change. No easy solution,
> it seems.

I have the same view as you here.
Its hard to fix past implementations, and that's not the goal here.
So it might be better if the draft took a more neutral standpoint
as you pointed out. I'll hopefully try to come up with a text
before the 6man meeting on Wednesday.

Regards,
Seiichi