    Dino> We call "LISP tunnels" as "dynamic encapsulating tunnels"
    Dino> where an implementation must not implement the tunnel as a
    Dino> logical interface.  The implementation cannot scale if it
    Dino> does this. You get the level of indirection by doing another
    Dino> lookup in another data structure called the "map-cache".

I see no text in draft-ietf-lisp-03 that says that lisp tunnels cannot
be logical interfaces and would object strongly to including such an
implementation detail in the spec.  I see text that says that they
must not be statically configured.

I also don't see the scaling argument you're making.  Perhaps you're
trying to say is that you want all traffic considered for lisp
encapsulation and do not want to flood the mapping database into the
local routing table.  That's probably true, but seems quite unrelated
to whether something is a logical interface at least with several host
routing implementations I'm familiar with.