Hi,

On 2009-8-3, at 1:15, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
It seems to me that it would not violate the spirit of RFC2460 if
we added a rule that stacks MUST follow the RFC2460 rule by default
but MAY deviate from it for duly configured tunnel end points
in routers (where "router" is strictly as defined in section 2
of 2460 and the Note in that section). That would fully preserve
the requirement as far as hosts and applications go.

agreed, and this is what I've discussed with Dino and Joel in the hallway in Stockholm. My objection was about the LISP spec to unilaterally saying "we do something that conflicts with RFC2460" instead of getting community consensus for this variant.

Lars