From: savi-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:savi-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
Thomas Narten
Sent: Friday, November 06, 2009 2:18 PM
To: Stark, Barbara
james woodyatt; v6ops-...@tools.ietf.org; IPv6 Operations; IETF IPv6
Mailing List
Subject: Re: [savi] Broadband Forum liaison to IETF on IPv6 security

> The liaison was posted in March 2009. It can be found here:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file621.doc

This is too skimpy of problem statement for me to understand the
details of the problem.

I don't know that a lot is needed. Maybe 2-3 pages is enough. But show
me a diagram, label the pieces, show me the properties of the pieces
and explain what the *exact* problem is. Who needs to do DAD? Why
doesn't it work? etc.

And note that comments like (quoting from the above statement):

  "We can envision a number of scenarios, both malice or vendor
   incompetence by which this can happen."

There is very little anyone can do to prevent "vendor
incompetence". I hope you aren't asking the IETF to solve this
problem! :-)

Thomas