Hemant,

it is probably best if you copy 6low...@ietf.org for discussing this.

Note that if the multi-link, multi-hop network has all client nodes as off-link to each other, then there is only one type of regular ND (RFC4861) RA that can signal off-link. This is an RA with no PIO (Prefix Information Option).

Our RAs typically have a PIO with L bit off and A bit on (actually usually a 6IO with a couple bits of additional information, but since -07 the classic PIO works too).

So if the RA has no PIO, how are the lowpann client nodes acquiring their IPv6 address global address without SLAAC getting no prefix from? In 6man, we would like to know how are the lowpan clients acquiring their address and do they even have a global v6 address?

Yes, they do have global addresses; that is the whole point of running IPv6.

I think I heard some mention of ULA, so that gives me a hint of global address use because ULA has same scope as a Globally Unique Address (GUA).

The slide about ULA was for the disconnected case ("ad-hoc LoWPAN").

Therefore it would be interesting to see the IPv6 ND RA config on the lowpan edge routers.

Anyone has working models of this work to demo to us during any future IETF?

I'm sure that can be arranged in Anaheim.
(Does anyone have an implementation with them here in Hiroshima?)

Gruesse, Carsten