> There is concern that this is an informational RFC.

I don't understand that. Why would anyone care?

I do have one concern, though. It would be much better if the
code fragments were clearly under the current regime (i.e.
simplified BSD license from the IETF Trust).

Apart from that, are there any major technical concerns that
would justify an update?

Regards
   Brian

(P.S. I do think this is a very valuable RFC!)