On Jan 15, 2010, at 8:07 AM, Dan Wing wrote:

Missing a Pro that I consider significant:

 - Users will no longer experience multi-second connection delays due
   to IPv6's address selection.  This means more users will
   leave IPv6 enabled.

To me, that's the big issue. The point is to find a workable route, albeit not necessarily the best possible one, as "best" is at times in the eye of the beholder and influenced by events around us. One would like to place as little load on the target and the network as is necessary (don't send N^2 requests simultaneously and discard N^2-1) but at the same time trade temporary load for the ultimate resource, which is user time and frustration.

http://www.ipinc.net/IPv4.GIF