As every successful IPv6 user on Windows XP knows, the hack
would break all Windows XP IPv6 usage (since it can't resolve
DNS over IPv6 at all).

I prefer the current situation, where occasionally I have to
disable IPv6 manually due to being on an IPv6-broken network
where DNS serves up AAAA records and my regular tunnel is too
slow. This seems OK, since people using v6 on XP are normally doing
so as conscious early adopters.

I do think that Google's solution to this, i.e. being selective
about who gets the AAAA records in the first place, is much less
of hack with less harmful side effects.

Surely a better hack would be for recursive resolvers in IPv6-broken
networks not to serve up AAAA records at all? Tunnel users could
always find another resolver.

Regards
   Brian