Bert,

On Apr 15, 2010, at 11:12 MDT, Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
> I meant,
>
> "In Brian's I-D 02, an edge router at the destination side would *NOT* be
> able to tell whether the flow label had been set by a source host or an
> intervening router."
>
> Bert

Or, better, (re-)acknowledge RFC 2474, a.k.a. DiffServ, is the sole go forward
mechanism for CoS treatment, meaning PHB's/treatments are to be based only on
the IP Traffic Class field.  The industry seems to have at least implicitly
acknowledged that more granular, IntServ-type signaling (perhaps, the original
intent of the flow-label?) aren't scalable in the IPv4 Internet and, likely,
IPv6 Internet as well.  Thus, we should move on to a more appropriate use of a
IPv6 flow-label?

-shane