On 2010-04-15 11:22, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
However, a network can not give QoS treatment purely on the basis of
source and dest IPv6 address plus flow label. There simply is not enough
information. A client provided flow label is not a DSCP code point.

My point with comparing this proposal with DSCP was that you cannot trust a host to do it in good faith in both cases. With DSCP, since hosts can trivially set the "fast bit", networks filter it at the edge. Same goes for the flow label if used for QoS.

Other than that, I agree with your assessment.

Thanks,
Simon
--
NAT64/DNS64 open-source --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca