From: Jonathan Hui <j...@archrock.com>
Date: March 12, 2010 6:39:40 PM CEST
To: ipv6@ietf.org
Cc: "JP Vasseur (jvasseur)" <jvass...@cisco.com>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-hui-6man-rpl-option-00.txt

Hi,

We are working on a new routing protocol (called RPL) within the ROLL WG targeted at low-power and lossy networks (LLNs). Designed to operate within resource constraints typical to LLNs, RPL uses a slow proactive process to construct and maintain a routing topology but a reactive and dynamic approach to resolving routing inconsistencies. In short, RPL is designed to utilize routing information placed within data-plane datagrams to detect routing inconsistencies. To carry RPL routing information within a RPL routing domain, we would like to define a new IPv6 Option to be carried within the IPv6 Hop-by-Hop Option header.

Any comments are appreciated.

Filename:        draft-hui-6man-rpl-option
Revision:        00
Title: RPL Option for Carrying RPL Information in Data-Plane Datagrams
Creation_date:   2010-03-01
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 6

Abstract:
The RPL protocol requires data-plane datagrams to carry RPL routing information that is processed by RPL routers when forwarding those datagrams. This document describes the RPL option for use within a RPL domain.

--
Jonathan Hui