Hi Erik,

On Jun 11, 2010, at 2:36 AM, Erik Nordmark wrote:

On 06/10/10 12:31 PM, Jonathan Hui wrote:

So a packet sent by R1 that will be forwarded outside of the ROLL
network will have a outer IPv6 header whose destination is the BR?

That is where we started. Draft-01 does have a line or two about the
possibility of exempting the last entry in a RH4 from the strict source route rule, thus allowing R1 to send a packet without an outer IP header but this idea still needs to be fleshed out. It would require the BR to strip the RH4 and update the IPv6 Payload Length accordingly. Are there
any implications with this idea?

The first problem is that the draft isn't clear what it is saying on this point. Hence my clarifying question and the need to clarify the draft.

We just posted version -02 of the draft that hopefully makes the draft more clear on how RH4 is used. I agree that the optimization to insert RH4 into an existing IP header may have been premature and was asymmetric, so that has been removed. The rule now is that a RH4 only specifies the strict source route between the tunnel end-points.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hui-6man-rpl-routing-header-02

--
Jonathan Hui