-----Original Message-----
From: Jared Mauch [mailto:ja...@puck.nether.net]
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2010 4:18 PM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant)
Cc: Randy Bush; ipv6 deployment prevention
Subject: Re: Router redirects in Node Requirements document

>I'd like to recommend that it SHOULD NOT be enabled by default.

Please understand one point I made earlier on this thread.  The IPv6
node-req-bis document is capturing what is specified already in RFC 4861
for Redirect.  So if you want the node-req-bis document to specify
anything contrary to RFC 4861 and Redirect, you have to take that up as
a separate discussion on RFC 4861 and Redirect.  We should not stall the
node-req-bis document.  Another issue should be clear.  Redirect
functionality is a SHOULD for router since RFC 2461 and has continued to
be a SHOULD in RFC 4861.  So router vendors have shipping gear that
enables Redirect by default based on this SHOULD.  Also, since the fact
is known about the Redirect default on a router to be enabled, one can
always disable the functionality before use of the router in their
network.

I said what I had to say on this Redirect subject.

Hemant