Hi,

I like to suggest some changes to section 12 "Network Management" of
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-node-req-bis-05>.

---

OLD

   Network Management MAY be supported by IPv6 nodes.  However, for IPv6
   nodes that are embedded devices, network management may be the only
   possible way of controlling these nodes.

NEW

   IPv6 nodes may support network management via the Simple Network
   Management Protocol version 3 (SNMPv3) [RFC3411].  For IPv6 nodes
   that are embedded devices, network management via SNMPv3 may be the
   only possible way of controlling these nodes.

Rationale:

   I think it is important to provide a explicit references to SNMPv3
   to make it clear that SNMPv3 is the SNMP version to be implemented.

---

OLD

   IP Forwarding Table MIB [RFC4292] SHOULD be supported by nodes that
   support an SNMP agent.

NEW

   The IP-FORWARD-MIB module [RFC4292] SHOULD be supported by nodes that
   support an SNMP agent.

Rationale

   I believe it is clearer to list the MIB module name instead of a
   paraphrase of the respective RFC title.

---

OLD

   IP MIB [RFC4293] SHOULD be supported by nodes that support an SNMP
   agent.

NEW

   The IP-MIB module [RFC4293] SHOULD be supported by nodes that
   support an SNMP agent. Implementation of the IPv6-MIB module
   [RFC2465] is only recommended for backward compatibility reasons
   since [RFC2465] has been obsoleted by [RFC4293].

Rationale:

   I believe it is clearer to list the MIB module name instead of a
   paraphrase of the respective RFC title. The second sentence should
   take care of ongoing confusion where people think they should
   implement the IPV6-MIB module for IPv6 nodes.

---

/js

Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany