Olaf,

>> let us say we have 5 classes of host implementations:
>>
>> 1) IPv4 only and those which will never be upgraded with IPv6 support
>> 2) partly broken IPv6 support and without DHCPv6
>> 3) partly broken IPv6 support with DHCPv6
>> 4) full IPv6 support without DHCPv6
>> 5) full IPv6 support with DHCPv6
>>
>> by partly broken I mean lacking dual stack / IPv4/IPv6
>> multihoming support. i.e happy eyeballs or having other
>> serious short comings. I do not want to enable IPv6 on hosts
>> implementations that e.g have 75 second timeout to switch
>> from IPv6 to IPv4 (well known fruit vendor).
>
> OBo: Hmm not sure if I understood what "partly broken" means. Have to think
> about once more what you are trying to say here.

sorry for not giving more references. basically I'm thinking of a slightly more
generalized version of the problem described here:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wing-http-new-tech-01

to cite an example. the host implementation that I am using, has a 75 second
timeout from trying an IPv6 connection to trying an IPv4 connection. and while
it does A and AAAA lookups in parallel it picks the first reply and that leads
to indeterministic behaviour.

cheers,
Ole