> > PPP is not used here. There are numerous different
> deployment models, PPP
> > is an expensive one that should be avoided unless there is
> serious use for
> > it.
>
> While it is true that PPP is not used here, I won't say that
> PPP should be avoided.
> PPP is a valid and widely deployed model in DSL Broadband
> environment; Broadband Forum has already published TR-187
> that explains how to deploy IPv6 with PPP.
>
> In addition in case of bridged Layer 2 RG model, PPP + SLAAC
> with the /64 announced in the RA PIO is a valid solution.
>
> Best Regards,
> Roberta

Trying to bring the ball back into the game.
If I have to run (as network operator) PPP or 1:1 VLAN based access networks
and besides that also N:1 VLAN based network access parts than I would
nevertheless like to have _one_ common method for provisioning of
address/prefix information.
And since SLAAC is one of the valid mechanisms for doing that (according to
WT-187) I'm interested to learn if/how that can also work for N:1 VLANs. And
I-D krishnan-6man-rs-mark is describing such an approach. Thats why I'm also
interested in that I-D.

Ciao
        Olaf