My only point would be, I don't think that this proposed use of flow label
stretches the definition of "flow" all that much, as I have been interpreting
"flow" over the years. I've always thought of "flow" as IETF-speak for
"circuit," as sacriligious as that might sound to some folk. So anything that a
provider might once have done by specifying an ATM VPI/VCI over an ATM network,
that same provider could do with the combination of IP addresses and flow label
in an IPv6 core. At least, in principle.

A tunnel does not seem to be an unusual application of the concept?

In IPv4, this task required MPLS. With an IPv6 core network, the FL could be
used instead, as others have alluded to recently in the 6man list.

Bert