On 02/10/2010 05:57 a.m., Randy Bush wrote:

>> e.g., would FreeBSD (developers?) need a license to ship the OS with a
>> SEND implementation?
>>
>> -- does it really change the state of affairs if the product is sold vs.
>> given away for free?
>
> you really need to ask your lawyer.

I thought this might have been discussed here, as this ends up effecting
whether this gets implemented or not, and possibly whether this gets
deployed or not. (I have seen this sort of discussions and
clarifications for other technologies, in other wg's).

FWIW, not only I do not have a ipr-illustrated lawyer, but I'm not
willing to pay for a lawyer to illustrate me about something I'm not
planning to implement or ship myself, either.

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: ferna...@gont.com.ar || fg...@acm.org