On Oct 23, 2010, at 3:23 PM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> Lower, at the moment, since we have people very interested in the flow label
> for ECMP/LAG.

well, yes, but 6man does everything in its power to prevent it from being
useful for that. You said that after 15-20 years of history with IPv6 things
were pretty well set in stone. Well, I can show you 15 years use of the source
and destination addresses, the next header field, the traffic class aka
DSCP/ECN, hop count, and so on. Can you show me 15 years actual use of the flow
label?

If not, the rules for taking a protocol to draft standard would suggest the use
be deprecated, no?