Hi All,
  This is a question about the correct interpretation of RFC3879. Conformance
to this RFC is a requisite for USGv6/DISRv3 certification, so I am trying to
figure out the right thing to do inside our IPv6 stack.

A portion of Section 4 of this RFC (the crux, really) is reproduced below:

   This document formally deprecates the IPv6 site-local unicast prefix
   defined in [RFC3513], i.e., 1111111011 binary or FEC0::/10.  The
   special behavior of this prefix MUST no longer be supported in new
   implementations.  The prefix MUST NOT be reassigned for other use
   except by a future IETF standards action.  Future versions of the
   addressing architecture [RFC3513] will include this information.

It seems to clearly say that an IPv6 stack must no longer support site-local
addresses, to be able to conform this RFC. So, would I be right in assuming
that our stack should simply drop the support for site-local addresses? Or
should I put more emphasis on the words "new implementations" and say that mine
isn't a new implementations (we have had our IPv6 stack in the market for a
while), so we should continue to support site-local addresses?

We are going for a USGv6 certification and knowing the right thing to do from
this expert community would very helpful. Any thoughts in this area or any
pointers in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Raman.