-----Original Message-----
From: ipv6-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:ipv6-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
Mikael Abrahamsson
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 10:25 AM
To: ipv6@ietf.org
Subject: question regarding draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484-revise-02 section
2.3

Mikael,

>In the case of getting address using DHCPv6, there is also no direct
>connection between the default route and the SA, as the DHCPv6 server
>might be different from the default-route gw?

It's the IPv6 default router for the DHCPv6 client that sends a RA with
the M-bit set and seeing such an RA the client initiates DHCPv6.  Or the
client could initiate DHCPv6 even on receiving an RA with the M-bit
cleared.  But the fact still remains that the DHCPv6 client did receive
an RA from the IPv6 first-hop router to the client.  The client is
supposed to perform router discovery and send RS.  The RA lets the
client know what the default router is.  If I missed anything, perhaps
if you could please draw a diagram and let us know what specific use
case I missed.

Thanks,

Hemant