I have reviewed this draft. In general, this version is well written, I agree with the recommendations, and I'd like to thank everyone for working on this much needed update. I think the document is ready to go to IETF Last Call -- some minor issues below that I think could be addressed even during the last call.

However, since I was part of the original design team that worked RFC 4294, I have asked Ralph to formally handle this document. He has promised to do so. (Thanks!)

My comments:

Consequently, IPv6 Jumbograms [RFC2675 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2675>]
remain optional at this time.

Other sections use RFC 2119 keywords (MAY) to state this. Consider using that style here as well.

Static address may be supported as well.

"Static addresses may be ..." or "Configuration of static address(es) may be ..." might be a better formulation.

For general purpose devices, RFC 4429 is not considered to be necessary at this time.

Hmm. I'd argue that moving and sleeping/waking nodes is perhaps more the norm than exception today. At the very least, I'd again use the MAY keyword for this specification. The above sounds almost like recommending to not implement it.

Consequently, DNS configuration
information can now be learned either through DHCP or through RAs.
Hosts will need to decide which mechanism (or whether both) should be
implemented.

I would make a forward reference here and add: "Specific guidance regarding DNS server discovery is discussed in Section 7." This is because for that specific issue we do have something stronger to say than the above text .

(And based on my own experience of running non-IPv4 networks that desperately need DNS discovery, somewhere in Section 7 I think you should require that routers with attached hosts actually support both (stateless) DHCP and RA-based DNS discovery.)

Jari