Thomas Narten wrote:

> Let me ask a question. In IPv4, for typical SOHO routers, do they
> support DHCP relay agent functionality? (My guess is no.)
>
> And what about configuring it? It is *not* plug and play, zeroconf
> magic...

Since they are typically NAPTs, I'd say no. They are local DHCP servers for the
private address space behind them only.

In IPv6, what will the "typical SOHO router" look like, though? Same NAT
functionality as IPv4? And if not, is there an automatic way of configuring
this SOHO router for any possible DHCP relay function?

I agree with Thomas that a MUST involves consequences that need to be addressed
first.

Bert