Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> draft-zhang-6man-offset-option-01 proposes an idea for how to make it
> easier for a node that needs to skip over an IPv6 header chain to do
> so quickly...

   Alas, Brian, this strikes me as a rather bad idea -- introducing
ambiguity and almost inviting gaming the system so that the same packet
looks different to a DPI device and the actual destination.

   IMHO, any node interested in such details of the payload should be
prepared to run at wire speed -- with a dedicated pipeline element if
anyone were so foolish as to perform this in the "backbone".

--
John Leslie <j...@jlc.net>