Hagen Paul Pfeifer wrote:

Hello Libor,

ich published a I-D: "IPv6 Extension Headers Reserved Space"

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pfeifer-6man-exthdr-res-01

which try to address some of the problems. Introducing a new "number
model" don't work, but maybe a solution somewhere between - as presented in
the I-D - may address the problem adequate.

Cheers, Hagen

Hello Hagen,

we are probably hijacking the thread little bit, but I support your draft. Minor correction though:

sec 1, 2nd paragraph

One exception is is the hop-by-hop -> One exception is the hop-by-hop

I am not sure if you can request IANA for specific range (someone else might want the same numbers at the same time). Maybe, it will be safer if you request 8 consecutive protocol numbers and rephrase IANA Considerations to something like:

This document includes a request to IANA. The editors of this draft request the 8 consecutive protocol numbers IP6_EXTHDR_RESERVED_MIN till IP6_EXTHDR_RESERVED_MAX be reserved for uniform formated IPv6 extension header.

Additionally, replace numerical constants in the text with these names.

Best wishes,

Libor