On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 15:55, Brian E Carpenter
<brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Roger,
>
> On 2011-12-16 10:52, Roger Jørgensen wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Brian E Carpenter
>> <brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Well, the end of my conversation is at
>>>
>>> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg14948.html

>>> changes is better."
>>>
>>> If it wasn't clear, I believe this document is technically done and needs
>>> to be advanced, but it does need editorial work as indicated above.
>>
>> Hmm sorry for being unclear, the technical part looked okay as far as
>> I could tell, but as the quoted words from you, it will probably be
>> more confusing to have two documents where the last one update/change
>> the first one. Would be much better to have just one
>> replacing/updating the old one.
>
> That was my first thought, but then I realised it would cause a lot
> of delay, and I think getting these changes deployed is quite urgent.

I must agree, there is certainly an urgent need to fix the problems in
the current RFC 3484, particularly around the handling of ULAs, etc.
For one example; I am currently working on sorting out proper IPv6
support in UPnP and DLNA (targeting CE) and we have (effectively)
nothing to point to for dynamic source address selection procedures.
Since there appears to be consensus on the technical changes, is there
a way to make the needed editorial changes and then advance to IETF
last call (or a second WG last call at least)?

~Chris

>    Brian
<snip>

@ChrisGrundemann