----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian E Carpenter" <brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com>
To: "Brian E Carpenter" <brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com>; "t.petch"
<ie...@btconnect.com>; "6man" <ipv6@ietf.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 8:41 PM

> Hi Juergen,
>
> On 2012-02-08 20:17, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 09:53:10AM +1300, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> >
> >> I don't see any particular value in limiting the ZoneID string to 15.
> >
> > Good.
> >
> >> Reserved characters can always be % escaped; that's not an issue,
> >> but should be mentioned in the text.
> >
> > The text currently says
> >
> >     ZoneID = 1*15unreserved
> >
> > and my understanding of unreserved is that it does not allow %
> > escaping. So the ZoneID production should likely be changed to
> > something like this:
> >
> >     ZoneID = *( unreserved / pct-encoded )
>
> Well, I'd like a URI guru to confirm that, but it makes sense,
> except that it needs to be 1* since a null string isn't useful.

Since this is an update to RFC3986, I think that, once this list has
come to a consensus, then the I-D should be mentioned on the
URI list, u...@w3.org  (being non-IETF, this list can be a bit of a pain
to use).  Note that this is not the uri-review list, which is for new
schemes, which this is not.

Tom Petch