> As I read it, section three item one calls for the use of the EUI-64 in use
> on the interface, which presumes that the
> interface is an IEEE 802 LAN. There are other interface types. I'd like to
> see that widened to a number *such*as*
> one of the set I specified.

You don't really need the EUI64 for the proposal to work. We could just as well
completely omit the field, and simply use the EUI64 as an optional seed for the
random number. But there are two advantages:

* Using some form of interface ID allows the host to keep just one random seed
for all interfaces, which is nice.
* using EUI64 in a context like SEND makes spoofing a little bit harder.

-- Christian Huitema